Monday, May 26, 2014

Agony of Responsibility (What if I am Wrong?)


                    
Agony of Responsibility  (What if I am Wrong?)

Yesterday’s blog post was extremely stressful for me on so many different avenues.  For me to make the statement that I now support gay marriage was almost as hard as saying I now support any of the seven deadly sins or any other host of errant behavior.  Please understand where I am coming from.  I was raised in an extremely conservative southern Pentecostal church who believed that any one sin, no matter how insignificant it may be would lead you right to hell.  It didn’t matter that you gave your heart to the Lord yesterday; if you sinned today you would be jerked right out of your shoes and slammed into the pits of an everlasting and all-consuming hell.  Growing up with that belief was in itself a form of hell, living every day in fear and not in the loving Grace of our Lord and Savior. 

As I grew older I committed myself to studying the Word to understand what God really said about salvation and falling from Grace.  As I studied the Word and listened to His voice I learned to walk in the Light and Peace of the Father instead of the fear and anxiety of what would happen to me if I messed up.     But old lesson die hard and many of the erroneous teaching of my youth still linger.  Like Gay Marriage. 

The fear of going to hell consumed my life for nearly thirty years after my transition.  Whereas, I knew the Lord loved me which ever gender I was, I could never break free of my childhood teaching.  The fear of going to hell plagued me.  If I died today, where would I spend all eternity?  If somehow I made it to Heaven by the skin of my teeth, would I get a crown?  Would Jesus proclaim me before the Father and say “well done, my good and faithful servant”?  I wanted so much to please God but my childhood teaching would not let me live in peace.

Finally, in 2013 I finally broke through and found the peace I had sought after that long thirty year journey.  The Father had shown me so much and I had learned so much and I knew He was calling me to share these Pearls of Wisdom to others struggling with the same issues.   I had so much needed someone along my walk to have guided me but I had no one.  I had to find my own way and I wanted to help others.  However, every day, my youthful errant teaching endeavored to dislodge and disrupt what God has led me to do.

I know the responsibility of sharing my life with others and often the burden weights me down.  If someone is looking to me for guidance, and if I lead them astray, the Bible tells me it would be better for me to have a millstone tied around my neck and dropped into the deepest ocean.   The tremendous responsibility often overwhelms me.  The pressure of causing others to miss out on God haunts me.  What if I am wrong?  What if I didn’t hear God correctly? What if Satan has got me deceived?  What if…..what if……WHAT IF?

I also knew that when I started writing these blogs and presenting my viewpoints I would be angering the church and the LGBT community alike.  And I have done just that.  Because I my Christian views I have been banned from some LGBT writing web sites.  I don't know if my writing is helping anyone or if I am offending my readers.  I rarely get comments back and I often get very discouraged.  I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness with no support from anyone. 

I love the transgender community.  Ya’ll have endured so much, for so long against all odds and sometimes I don’t think we are any closer than when I started my journey in the early ‘80’s.  Please understand that we are all on this journey together, yet, each individually and leaning on each other for support.  I haven’t all the answers, yet I know where some of the watering holes are and I know where many of the land mines are hidden.   I am not Moses but I know God walks with those who walks with Him and sometimes He has to carry us.  Please pray for me. 

Bobbie Lang  May 26, 2014

If you like the fresh and different viewpoint I have for transgender Christians struggling with gender confusion and their faith in God please follow and like me on Facebook at

                                           Facebook:  Transgender Christians In Chains
or                                        Facebook:  Bobbie Lang
Or                                       Email me at  BobbieLang@reagan.com

 For more information about Bobbie Lang you can purchase my autobiography “Transgendered Christians In Chains” on Amazon.com.  It is my heart and soul for my writings to help mend painful lives and heal painful experiences by sharing the story of my victories and the lessons learned from defeat.   It was never or will ever be my intention to sell my autobiography for the purpose of monetary gain. 
                                             Amazon:  Transgender Christians In Chains

No comments:

Post a Comment