Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stinking Thinking and Focus on the Family

 
 
 


                         Facebook:Transgender Christians In Chains

                         Email:       BobbieLang@reagan.com


      Stinking Thinking and Focus on the Family (part 2)

Photo: Here's some #truth for ya Ladies & Gents! 
 



 

When I first seen this on facebook I couldn’t help believe that it was exactly the way I feel and the way I espoused in part one of this two part blog.  Across the country I have seen countless bumper stickers that read “Hate is not a Family Focus” or “Hate is not a Family value”.  They were eluting to the Focus on the Family stand against homosexuality.  When I saw those stickers all I could think up was how wrong both parties on each side of the issues were.

 On one side there is Focus on the Family.  I feel that they are a very good and wholesome organization dedicated to bringing the Christian family structure into focus by using the principles taught to us in God’s word.  I think every one of us across America and around the world will agree that is a noble and much needed endeavor.  They have decades of meaningful history and a highly successful track record of mending the fractures in broken and dysfunctional families.  I am not here to promote Focus on the Family; however, I will trumpet their good intentions from the mountaintop. 

 Unfortunately, like so many good things, there is a worm in the apple.  Focus on the Family still embrace the misinformed belief that homosexuality and gender dysphoria is a choice and, therefore, a sin.  With that mistaken belief as their premise than you cannot blame them for their assumption that a person can “pray away” their sin and walk away from it as easily as someone may walk away from fornication, adultery, or any other hosts of “sins”.  They will also admit that if homosexuality is not a choice than a good and loving God can heal the dysphoria, however, they leave no room for what a person should do with their life if God in His wisdom chooses not to heal them.  If left unhealed, life still goes on.

Either, or, Focus on the Family’s strong stand on the homosexual lifestyle is not hate but misguided love.  If it were hate, than they would be perfectly content to watch these sinful people be consumed by the fires of hell as we know that is where all sinful people are destined.  However, it is in their love that they reach out to what they believe to be sin and try to win them into the Kingdom of Heaven.   

 On, the other hand, are the people who think that “disagreement” or “intolerance” is fear and hate.  I’m sure most of us as parents have days when we cannot tolerate our children, however, none of us would ever say they hated them at that moment.  We have all heard the quote, “If they loved you they will accept you”.  Sometimes it is because they “do” love you that they can’t accept you.  How can anyone say they love their children and idly standby and watch them go down a road that may lead to destruction? 

 In my own life, my parents expressed to me flat out that they did not “agree” with the choices I had made for my life and tried their best to convince me to change my mind and conduct myself in a more traditional lifestyle.  It was their love for me that motivated them to do everything in their power to try and turn me from a journey that they thought would lead me heartache, loneliness and the breaking up of my marriage and the loss of my friends.  I love them for trying because I know they only wanted to protect me.  Sometimes I wished I had listened more.

 So why is it that when we see Focus on the Family do the very same thing we judge them and accuse them of hate speech and intolerance?  As, for me, I love Focus on the Family and I will support them and their message and will do everything in my power to proclaim their message that God can mend broken families.  I will also do everything in my power to educate them that homosexuality is not a choice and endeavor to transform their stand on this issue.

 Bobbie Lang 1/19/2014

 
If you like the fresh and different viewpoint I have for transgender Christians struggling with gender confusion and their faith in God please follow and like me on Facebook at:

          Facebook:   Transgender Christians In Chains

          Email:          BobbieLang@reagan.com

      For more information about Bobbie Lang you can get my autobiography “Transgendered Christians In Chains” on Amazon.com.  It is my heart and soul for my writings to help mend painful lives and heal painful experiences by sharing the story of my victories and the lessons learned from defeat.   It was never or will ever be my intention to push my autobiography for the purpose of monetary gain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment